Wednesday 6 January 2010

New Routes and Enough Snow to Ski

My legs are feeling the burn after a couple of exciting days in the winter wonderland that is North Wales (along with the rest of the UK).

On Monday I did two new routes with Dave up in the Carneddau, both offering mixed climbing around grade V making good use of the frozen turf. With blue skies and distant views you couldn't ask for much more.

Yesterday I went for a ski tour from my house, after Baggy was engaged looking after his kids due to the local school closures. It was definitely a first being able to ski back to my door.

Today I got out climbing again, with a further 2 new routes. Both were in the Carneddau again providing 3 -4 pitches of mixed fun. The second was unexpectedly steep, possibly around VI-7, providing just enough gear. A ski back down capped the day off nicely.


Snow around Bethesda, North WalesSnow around Bethesda, North Wales

No comments: