Tuesday 13 April 2010

Intro to White Water

For the past two days I have been working for PYB on an Introduction to White Water.

Yesterday we used the various tidals flows down the Menai Straits, while today we were on the River Dee at Llangollen.

A varied group, it has kept me on my toes - keeping the coaching relevant for each individual. While John has been 'flat spinning'on waves and pulling cartwheels, Steve and Jim have been developing their existing white water manoeuvres while Andrew has been quickly building confidence on this exciting new medium.

Whith more dry and sunny weather looks like I will be travelling back down the A5 to the River Dee again tomorrow.

As an aside I had a fun evening hit in Gideon Quarries on Monday night abseiling in to join Walker and Colley on Bone People. A surprisingly big feeling route.


River Dee, LlangollenMenai Straits, SwelliesRiver Dee, Llangollen
The white water duckling that came over to say "hello".



No comments: